Physical theater company “Side Effect ” is organizing the Open Soul community workshop designed for participants with/without previous theatrical experience. This is a unique opportunity to get a glimpse of the company’s creative process and learn about our vision of theater. Our method The Open Soul is a learning platform for everyone interested in theater to gain knowledge and challenge themselves.
More about the Open Soul concept can be found here. This workshop is the first in the series of Open Soul community workshops.
Topic of the workshop is “Who am I today?”. Main focus of the creative research will be daily routine, movement, and language. The Open Soul concept relies on physical theater and storytelling and being more specific: body, spoken word and movement as a central point for creative research. Topic will be explored through mentioned elements and it will serve as a connecting foundation for creative research.
During the workshop following aspects of performing will be explored:
– Performative potential inherent in everyday, seemingly ordinary movements of life.
– Exploring our senses and our exchanges with everyday objects. What do our relationships to objects reflect about ourselves? How do we perceive and interact with objects that in return influence our experiences of our environment?
– Working with emotions as creative fuel
– My personal experience/life as creative material. What is my story?
– Working with different energetical qualities of the movement
– Working with performer’s inner characters
– Storytelling and usage of spoken word
– How movement quality is affected by different sounds
On top of everything, the workshop is designed to evoke a sense of having fun and experiencing the joy of being on stage. As a company we are excited and thrilled to be able to offer the knowledge, skills and tools and to share a stage with new faces.
Workshop trainers are: Danilo Jovanović – Artistic Director of the company, Shahrzad Nazarpour – Performer in the company and Yasemin Duru – Company’s Audiovisual Director. More about trainers can be found here
Date: Sunday 2nd of July 2023
Time: 14:30h – 18h
Venue: Kulturhaus Brotfabrik, Absberggasse 27/3, 1100 Wien
Application process: Send us your applications to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: June 27th 2023
Participation fee: This workshop has a special offer at a highly reduced price. We are happy to offer it for a price of 40 euros
Scholarship: Physical Theater Company Side Effect provides one scholarship which includes full coverage of the workshop cost. Scholarship is imagined as a way of support for artists/performers who are facing financial challenges. If you’re a scholarship candidate, feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
Since the number of participants is limited, send us your applications as soon as possible 🙂
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your applications and opportunity to meet you on stage!